- The Academic Year begins on September 1st and ends on July 5th.
- It consists of two independent teaching periods, the teaching semesters, the first of which is called the winter semester, starting on the first Monday after the 19th of September and the summer semester, starting after the termination of the second period exams of the winter semester. There is a free week between the termination of the second period exams and the beginning of the summer semester.
- No courses are given on the following holidays:
- 6th January
- Clean Monday
- National Day (25 March)
- Labour Day (1 May)
- Holy Spirit
- 18 October - St Lucas' day ( local holiday)
- 28 October
No courses are given on:
- Christmas Holidays (from 24 December to 2 January)
- 30 January
- Easter Holidays (from Holly Wednesday until Wednesday after Easter)
- Summer Holidays (from 6 July until 31 August)
4. The exact starting and ending dates of the courses, the exam period and the vacations of the next academic year, are defined by the T.E.I until the end of June of each year.